Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Knitting on a cold, rainy day

My mom gave me this pattern for a quick, EASY and cute washcloth, I made one yesterday. I wish I could post photos but the software is on Gardner's computer in SD.

size 10 1/2 needles, I used size 8

Guage: 4 sts and 8 rows equal lin in garter st
Pattern cast on 4 sts

Row 1 K

Row 2 K 2 sts, YO, K to end.

Repeat row 2 until there are 43 sts, I did 31 sts, I like small washcloths.

Next Row: K1, K2 tog, YO, K2 tog. K to end of row.
Continue this until there are 4 sts left. Bind off.

Really cute edge.

My mom was here last weekend, I worked in the vineyard with a windchill of 23 degrees, my hands hurt from the cold. Sunday was a better working day, no wind but a chilly 40 degree day. I'm on row 35 now, so just 5 more rows to go, a row takes about an hour. My arm is falling asleep at night and waking me up from the continual squeezing of the clippers.

Monday was a pretty bad day around here. It was cold and wet and I was hormonal, I think ovulation makes me about as crazy as PMS, is that possible? I will be 40 this summer and I'm worried I'm going to lose my ability to have another baby! Hormones. Lonely and depressed, too. and we just started this several week stint without Gardner. I'm thinking today it would've been better to go to SD with Gardner and let the vineyard go, but I must be stronger than that.

Lucy is looking forward to gymnastic class tomorrow, I'm so thankful we found something for her to do with other kids!!! She wanted to take riding lessons but I haven't been able to find a place, seems strange, here we are in Texas, isn't this the land of cowboys and horses and all that?

Lucy lost a second tooth last night, she pulled it herself, or played with it until it came out. She got really upset about the Tooth Fairy taking her tooth, so we wrote a letter to her asking to leave the tooth AND money, she saving all her $ to buy a horse.

Thanks for the shout out LolaCoca-Cola. I know you, I've been to your house for a Frontier Co-op pick-up, I met Naomi G. there. Gosh, that was 2 years ago? You were so welcoming to a stranger, thankyou! I would love to join the co-op when we get settled in SD.

No comments:

Blog Archive