Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hmm...the longer I keep from writing the harder it is to start. Today is a first for us, Lucy and Gardner went to the state fair in Dallas and will be gone all day. This is the first time I've been away from Lucy for more than probably 4 hours. I would've gone with them but I have horrible allergies and have been sick for 3 weeks. When I'm outside for more than 30 minutes I get worse instead of better. Now with sinus and chest problems, I opted to stay home.

I actually have uninterrupted time to spend on the computer, WOW.

We had a party for Lucy's 4th birthday with all the kids down our country road. Lucy had a wonderful time! We played water balloon relays, chase Gardner and simon says. Steve brought his horse over and generously gave rides to all the kids. What a sweet guy. We had a pinata, Lucy's only request for her party. I kept the menu simple and kid friendly, also cleanup friendly with grilled chicken legs and carrots with ranch dressing and a cupcake birthday cake.


Abby, Lonnie and Lucy
Lucy and her friends.


Simon Says
Simon Says....

Birthday Party
Steve and his horse were a big hit.


Pinata
Pinata time.

2 comments:

wayabetty said...

Happy b-day Lucy!! Sounded like everyone had a great time! I'm sorry you've been sick, hope you'll be better soon! How about some tea and smashed ginger in it? My Mom said it'd help, ginger.

mandaroo63 said...

Looks like a great time! Happy Birthday LUCY!!!! Wish we could have spent it with you. Hope you're feeling better soon Amanda. I have allergies too, so I feel your pain! But, I bet it was nice to stay home and relax for the day. Great to see an update on your blog.....I've missed you!

Blog Archive