Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How things can Change

A few months ago we thought we had our vineyard sold, that wasn't the case. The buyer backed out 2 days before signing. We had the house packed up and ready to go, then everything was at a standstill. We decided to go ahead to San Diego for a couple months, Gardner had appointments with clients and after the emotional rollercoaster of saying goodbye to Texas and then the anger and frustration at having to find a new buyer all over again. Something was telling me the whole time that this was too easy, this buyer was too eager, I thought it was my eternal pessimisim getting in the way of being happy again.

So here we are on the vineyard, pruning back the vines. Lucy and I are going to stay here this spring in hopes of selling this place while Gardner goes off to San Diego to work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh BUMMER!!!! We miss you guys!! I've heard that people have luck when they bury a St Joseph statue in the yard (look it up on Google) and say prayers...I've heard it's supposed to work. We almost went out and bought one but got a buyer and now we are praying that he stays through escrow...crossing fingers for you!!! Hannah has something for Lucy and I think we'll send it to you guys!!

Blog Archive